Complete list of parts needed to produce the 8bit-Hub.
|LCD 20×4 I2C (x1)|
|MicroSD module (x1)|
|PS2 socket module (x1)|
|Logic level converter (x1)|
|DB9 male connector (x4)|
|DB9 female connector (x1)|
|DB9 shell (x1)|
| 10cm jump wires |
(male/male x 35)
(male/female x 16)
(female/female x 2)
|3D Printed Case|
M2.3×8 (x4) M2.0x7 (x2)
M1.7×5 (x5) M1.7×3 (x4)
2m cable with 2.5 mm jack
To produce a Hub takes 3-4 hours. The detailed connection diagram will be released publicly at the same time as the first batch ships out. The actual build steps are:
- Jump wires are soldered to the DB9 connectors and logic converter.
- Logic converter is connected to PS2 socket module.
- LCD screen is attached to 3D printed front cover.
- Wires from all modules are connected to the main board.
- Main board is mounted inside the 3d printed case.
- Modules are attached to the side of case.
Finally, the communication cable is produced by cutting the 2m cable and soldering to a male DB9 connector with protective shell.